Monday, October 16, 2006

Half term

Today is the start of half term, two weeks (plus a staff training day) for son 2. Oh what joy and we have little planned!

On Saturday I received my stamped addressed postcard back from Woman's Weekly to acknowledge receipt of my story, so now it's just wait and see. I probably won't be able to get much written for the next two weeks, but perhaps I will have time to explore other potential markets and jot down a few ideas if inspiration should strike. During A215 I bookmarked lots of websites recommended by other students and am now trying to go back and look at them again and see what is most useful for me.

A couple of months ago a member of a forum I visit set up a daily quiz on Fun Trivia so I try to do it regularly. You have to answer 10 multiple choice questions as quickly as possible....it is an American site so some of the answers eg on American sports have to be pure guesswork but it only takes a minute and is a fun way to waste time. There are lots of different quizzes on the website but I haven't had a chance to explore it all yet!

No comments: