Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Editing a story

I am editing a story I wrote for my OU course and am going to send it off. Our assignment was to research and write for a specific publication. I chose to do a 'genre' piece for 'Woman's Weekly' so I'm going to be brave and send it off to the magazine. From reading their guidelines I know it can take a long time for them to reply so expect me to be announcing my first rejection letter in about 16 weeks! In the meantime I will get on and try to write some more.Yesterday was a big day here as son 1 took a huge step on his road to recovery and I had an important meeting to go to, so not much got done.

For those of you who like poetry and trivia about the Arts, try the Writers Almanac for a daily poem and other bits and bobs, including lots of archived material. I have just signed up for the daily email because I really want to improve my knowledge and understanding of poetry in the hope that it will rub off on my writing one day!

No comments: