Saturday, December 15, 2007

I have Messages

I've mentioned the 'Your Messages' blog project frequently over the last month and a half, because it was not only fun and inspiring, but got my writing mojo back.

Launched by authors Sarah Salway and Lynne Rees, it was a month-long collaborative writing project based on responses to pieces from their soon to be relaunched book 'Messages'. I already had a copy which I had enjoyed dipping into, but now I have seen how inspiring it can be to my own writing, it will have even more use in future. I can really recommend it, both as a good read and writing prompts.

Anyway.

Today was the formal announcement of the pieces selected for the forthcoming You Messages anthology and......TWO of my flash pieces are to be included. I'm going to be published for the first time!

Some fellow Novel Racers also have work included, as do many other published and unpublished writers from all over the world.

OMG. It is so exciting.

The anthology will be published by Bluechrome and there is to be a launch party at The Poetry Cafe on 31st January. Just after my birthday, what better present could one ask for?

Best of all, however, is the news that all profits from the book are to support the wonderful charity Kids Company, which does so much to help severely disadvantaged children.

Thank you, Lynne and Sarah.

13 comments:

CL Taylor said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Well done Cathy. I still remember how I felt when I heard I was going to be published for the first time - sheer bloody elation that lasted for hours. Enjoy the buzz and I look forward to meeting you on the 31st :o)

Viki Lane said...

Fabulous news, Cathy! Well done. Get used to that 'published' feeling...I'm sure this is the first of many times it'll happen for you.

Lane Mathias said...

Well done Cathy. That's brilliant news!!! And the launch?? What a thrill!

And Kids Company is such an excellent project.

Cathy said...

Thanks Cally...and congratulations to you too, of course. Sorry I think I was so excited I forgot to say that on your blog!

Thanks Viki and Lane too.

Cx

Rachel Green said...

Congratulations to you too :) I feel like I know everyone who's been selected!

I probably won't be able to make the party, though. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you, Cathy! Well done and keep at it. You deserve all the recognition.

Crystal xx

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Many congratulations - two pieces - that's great! I can't make the party because I need to stay anonymous, I've asked Cally if she will blog it and it would be great if you could too. I'll be there in spirit!

Casdok said...

Exciting indeed!!

Cathy said...

Casdok, I have to tell you one of the pieces selected was the Rainman/autism piece which was partly inspired by C as well as my son 2. I think you read it at the time? If not it is on Nov 19th of the Your Messages blog.

So, special thanks are due to C and to your skill in portraying him on your blog!

Anne Brooke said...

Wonderful wonderful news - well done, you!!! Remind us when it's out and I'm certainly buying a copy!!

Hugs galore to you!!!!!!

A
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caroline said...

Fabulous news!

And this means I'll get to meet you :)

x

Cathy said...

I'm looking forward to the chance to meet you and Cally, Caroline.

Cx

Debi said...

Huge congrats. This is just the beginning of your career as a published writer!