Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas is coming...


I thought I had it all under control a few weeks ago, but I think I must have got complacent. I haven't even bought any cards yet...

So, mad ordering on Amazon has been taking place over the last few days as well as the first of no doubt many trips to town for small bits and pieces. Luckily we don't have huge families to buy for and as the kids get older we have gradually been making Christmas more low key, but still...

Three notable things:

1. The Spice Girls reunion. Why???

2. I've posted off payment for my next OU course and ordered the set texts, to prove I mean business.

3. Son 2 has just posted a teaspoon into the toaster. I've managed to get it out, with difficulty, and have locked the toaster away before he burns the house down...

7 comments:

Boatwoman said...

Time flies and Christmas creeps up on us all. Today I posted the xmas cards to go abroad. We do not bother much with presents now we live on the boat.
I cannot see why the Spice Girls have got back together. I reckon it will not last.
Well done on paying for your OU course.
Arghhhhhh to your son. kids huh.

Catherine said...

The trouble with Christmas is that someone has to go to a lot of trouble to make a traditional family Christmas - the dream we all carry within us. Much as I love the dream, I'm not quite sure why I feel that I have to make it come true for everyone else in my family.

It's become a habit now. Without even thinking about it, I reach for the Advent Calendars, the Christmas cards, order the logs, the turkey and the tree, put the pudding on to steam ... Perhaps I would be lost without the structure it imposes on my life.

Lane Mathias said...

Aargh ....Christmas cards. Do you think anyone would notice if I just 'forgot' this year:-)

Anonymous said...

I could never make Christmas low key, I love it too much! And I was only thinking this morning about the Spice Girls. Indeed, why do they need a reunion? Surely they're not all skint? It must be all that shopping in Tesco that's doing it.

Crystal xx

aminah said...

cathy you have just given me an idea...amazon! why didn't I think of it before!!

Cathy said...

I think that a lot of the Christmas tradition has been overhyped. you can't pick up a magazine at theis time of year without being made to feel that your own Christmas preparations are inadequate.

As long as veryone enjoys it, then I think we should all feel free to celebrate it as we wish.

Aminah...you mean you've never ordered Xmas presents from Amazon before!

CC Devine said...

God love children for their posting things like spoons into toasters. My aunt discovered all her teaspoons were missing one day and it transpired that my cousin had been pushing them into teh new and expensive VHS player (this was back in the day when they were new!)

Lane - had to laugh at your post. I 'forgot' to post any cards last year - mostly because I left it too late and then decided I couldn't be bothered. Not sure anyone noticed too much...resolving to be better this year!