Monday, May 07, 2007

Recharging the batteries

We have had a quiet weekend, with the last two days spent at home. I had good intentions of doing the ironing and some of my accountancy work, but in the end I decided to push those chores to one side in favour of a little down-time. Hopefully I will have prepared myself adequately for the rest of the week, which promises to be hectic (so what's new?)

Over the weekend I have been unable to get the news story about the abduction of little Madeleine McCann in Portugal out of my mind. All parents will, at some time, have experienced the heart-stopping panic when one of their children disappears, even for a few seconds. But something like this is a family's worst nightmare and I'm sure her parents, like most of us, never believed it could happen to them. I just hope she will soon be returned safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share your hope - but as time passes it's getting less and less likely.
There but for the grace of God...
and I don't even believe in him.

Cathy said...

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure her parents will never stop blaming themselves.