Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brightening a sad day

Today has been a sad one in the world of special needs and I would like to send my condolences to David and Samantha Cameron on the death of their beautiful son Ivan. The loss of a child is something no parent should have to bear and as someone said on an internet forum today, we will all be hugging our children a little closer tonight.

But the day has been brightened a little by receiving this Best Blog Thinker award from Sue Guiney. Thanks Sue!



Now it is my turn to pass it on. As my blog is about both special needs and writing I would like to pass it on to bloggers representing both areas. So firstly I give it to Casdok at Mother of Shrek, for probably the best blog on autism I have read. Secondly I would like to give it to Graeme K. Talboys at grumblog, whose wisdom has influenced my writing over the last couple of years more than he probably realises.

6 comments:

Graeme K Talboys said...

Thank you so much for the award. It is very much appreciated.

Helen said...

I had just given my daughter an extra big hug and kiss just before I read your blog. My heart goes out to them.

Anne Brooke said...

It is terribly sad about the Camerons - an awful thing to happen.

And well done on the award - great stuff!

Hugs

Axxx

HelenMWalters said...

Terribly sad news.

Casdok said...

My heart also goes out to them. Such very sad news.

And thank you, you brightened my day to. I have been struggling with things with C, so very much appreciated.

Cathy said...

You're welcome. Graeme and Casdok!

I'm still feeling sad today, there has been such a lot of media coverage, even though the Camerons have asked for privacy.