Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Work, work, work

Busy day today doing voluntary work...I even had a couple of inspired moments!

Back home to write an email to Son 1's school, to try and arrange a meeting I would rather not go to. Sorry if that all sounds rather cryptic but I can't go into details.

I forgot to mention yesterday that on the way to M&S for birthday cake I called into one of the charity shops to look at the books. I found a paperback copy of this book, which will be a perfect volume to dip into whilst waiting as the boys have therapy appointments. Short excerpts which might lead to the discovery of great writers who are new to me.

2 comments:

Jackie Luben said...

I thought when you said that book, you meant the one at the side of your column - the Ian McEwan one. I've just finished reading 'Saturday' - reading circle meeting tonight. I thought that was a really great book. Impressed at the amount the hero managed to do in one day. If I could fit in so many things, I'd have all my mental targets achieved in a week.
Jackie

Cathy said...

Ah Jackie, the books at the side keep changing at random! No I meant the Virago book in the link.

I enjoyed 'Saturday' too.I know some critics thought it was over-researched, but that didn't bother me. Funnily enough I was reading it on a tube journey into London, on a Saturday,to go to a tutorial and later that day I actually found myself walking through some of the areas mentioned in the book (nr Tottenham Court Rd)!