Monday, March 19, 2007

Cold spell

The tiny amount of snow which was lying on top of cars this morning has long since gone and right now the sun is shining through the window on to my laptop screen. It is a mirage of spring, as in reality it is still bitterly cold outside, despite having been so warm last week. Global warming has a lot to answer for.

I have been trying to get my head around some writing today with little success. Inspiration seems to be lacking, possibly because I have a lot of other things on my mind right now. The rest of the week is going to be busy with other work and rather politically charged appointments so the novel word count may have to remain static for a bit longer.

Yesterday my iron caught fire soon after I had started to tackle a large pile of shirts. It was rather an ancient iron and the cord had started to fray rather dangerously but I hadn't expected it to blow in that way. I almost panicked and risked setting the ironing board cover on fire, but rationality returned just in time, I turned off the electricity and put the offending piece of equipment outside the front door once the little flame had gone out.

It all happens here!

1 comment:

Anne Brooke said...

Lordy, Cathy - sounds really terrifying! Thank goodness you're okay ...

==:O

A
xxx