As you all know I've been editing the novel on and off for about two months. Although I think it's about as good as I can get it on my own, every time I open the document I find something else tiny which needs tweaking.
But you can't go on like that for ever. Yesterday Hubby told me it was time I let it go and as it happens today was the date I'd agreed to get it to my lovely mentor Caroline for her final edit. It's gone.
So now I'm going to begin drafting my synopsis and query letter (though possibly not during the school holiday, which is about to start) and prepare myself for another round of edits when the novel returns.
And in the meantime my head is buzzing with ideas for future writing projects, which I need to pin down and prioritise...