Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your project has been received...

I logged into my Open University homepage this morning to find this message awaiting me. So now there is nothing I can do except wait for the result in August. It's slightly scary to think that both a diploma and an honours degree depend upon it.

I'm worried that I wrote my project story too quickly, the words flowing for once, unlike the novel, which since writing 1000 words on Sunday has ground to a halt. I've only added another 200 words or so. It's like drawing blood from a stone except that would actually be more productive.

In my defense I did have a meeting yesterday. Well actually it was cancelled, but that threw my day into disarray. Then today I had to go to a leaving party at our special needs parent support group, for someone who is emigrating. Couldn't miss it, could I?

Now what excuse will I be able to find tomorrow?

7 comments:

Beth said...

Glad it's been received! Oh the joys of getting your project in early. I'll be on tenterhooks until I get that message, sometime next week I guess, even though I've got the receipt from the Regional Centre.

Doesn't August seem ages away?

Cathy said...

Mine was actually only handed in at regional centre on Monday lunchtime, so your message may be up on Friday.

Yes, August does seem ages away. Will just have to try to forget all about it until then!

Anne Brooke said...

Glad they've got it - and huge good luck for August!!!

:))

Axxx

HelenMWalters said...

Well done on getting your project in - that's brilliant. And I hope the wait goes quickly.

Casdok said...

Well done - and my fingers are crossed for you.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It's horrible having to wait to hear about something you've put so much effort into.

Cathy said...

Thanks everyone. I'm trying not to think about it too much :)