Monday, April 21, 2008

A new term starts...

School was back today, so I am trying to have a quiet day as I feel quite stressed. This always happens at the end of a school holiday, after being on full alert for a couple of weeks I find I just need a day to chill, and I try to make allowance for that in my plans.

Son 1 came home for much of the weekend. It was lovely to have him back, though I think in the end he was glad to be able to escape from the noise and chaos of home and go back to to see the new friends he is making in the hospital.

I've got some reading to catch up on for my OU course and any idea of writing has to be pushed to one side until that is done, as there is another assignment looming. I am enjoying the course, but there is a lot of information to take in and understand. If it all seems too much, I just have to remind myself that I am doing this because I want to, rather than because I have to, and that therefore I could stop at any time. That thought usually boosts me to carry on regardless, because I am not easily beaten!

Three notable things:

1. A rather strange lady was checking through our wheelie bins yesterday, supposedly in search of her mother's handbag which had been stolen by a con man.

2. I only managed to read son 2's school report for last term this morning...it was excellent.

3. My father seems to be making good progress.

4 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Good news about your father - hugs to you & yours

A
xxxxxxxxxxx

Lane Mathias said...

Glad your father's doing well and hope your son is too.

Are you sure that woman wasn't from the wheelie bin police. Weird?

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

That course is bound to help your writing along, so I reckon it counts. And, yes, good news about your father.

Sarah Salway said...

Glad about your father, and your son's report. I've been through bins looking for a stolen handbag, though I did know I seemed a bit strange. Didn't find it at the time, it was thrown over a wall and retrieved a couple of weeks later.
I've tagged you by the way on my blog - to tell six random things about yourself. Your OU work will have to wait a bit longer!