Monday, February 25, 2008

Tempus fugit

Sometimes I wonder where the time goes. During school holidays I get quite disorientated, the days merge into each other and I come out the other end wondering what I have done with my time. The answer is usually nothing much.

Half term for son 2 is officially over, but he now has three consecutive inset days so won't actually be returning to school until Thursday. He is bored. When he is bored he is hard work. So that is where my time has gone...

Three notable things:

1. I spent a Waterstones gift voucher on Saturday on the 3 for 2 offer...

2. I still haven't managed to write anything for a War Child anthology submission and I really want to be able to send something off.

3. I have had no opportunity to study, so will need to have a catch up session when school restarts.

8 comments:

Sue Guiney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Guiney said...

about #2: this whole balancing act is such a big problem for me, and to be honest it's getting worse. Now fitting time in to write isn't about the needs of my kids (who are getting so old and self-reliant), but all the other work-related stuff I'm doing. Then throw in holidays and various reasons why i have to be away, and I'm in despair. It's good to hear that you're trying to balance stuff too. :)

Casdok said...

I only know what day it is as C goes back tomorrow!!

Cathy said...

Sue: I think there are lots of us struggling with too much to do...

Casdok: Lucky you!

Cx

Catherine said...

Time. Where does it go? I just find that with my family, friends, work, home, relationship there is no room for much else. I'm trying to find a space somewhere to move myself forward as my family commitments are beginning to fade.

Part of the problem is that so much is expected now, particularly of a woman. She has to do and be everything. We live in an age of manic compression and don't allow ourselves the space just to be.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cathy, get your submission in - you are a great writer.

Hope your son is okay, boredom usually leads to misbehaviour in our house. And that's just the farmer!

Crystal xx

Cathy said...

Crystal, I'm sure that while the farmer is misbehaving, Amy is being good as gold... ;)

Cathy said...

Marianne, you seem to be doing a great job in moving forward...

Cx