Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A short breather

So the final assignment for E301 has been submitted and received by the Open University. I can finally pack the books away. It has been a fascinating and challenging course and I don't regret having taken it, even though it was bloody hard at times!

Onwards now to writing again. But I decided to take this week off. On Monday I wandered around charity shops in search of play scripts and screenplays, as the Advanced Creative Writing course concentrates on drama in all forms as well as poetry and prose. I sat in Starbucks and had a coffee. I took the bus home in the sunshine. Yesterday I huddled indoors, feeling the cold. I started to tidy the house. I read lots of blogs and surfed the web. I did a little knitting. I dragged son 1 out of bed at lunchtime.

Today I went to the parent support coffee morning and managed to fall flat on my face in Tesco's carpark. Life goes on as usual...

Three notable things:

1. We continue to celebrate the tiny steps son 2 is making in his communication. On Saturday he told his music therapist that it was time to finish by pointing at her watch and then at the door.

2. I've had a bank account with Lloyds TSB since I was 18. Should I be worried?

3. Sarah Palin's political ineptitude is astounding. It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that she could end up a heartbeat away from being President of the USA.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - take a look at www.plays4theatre.com - it may help

SpiralSkies said...

I have an antiquarian bookshop in the tiny town where I work - must seek out some scrips too. Eek. What have we let ourselves in for?

Knitting and falling over sounds a strange but arty combo!

B said...

Don't worry about the Lloyds thing. It was people panicking and taking all their money out that made the Northern Rock collapse.

Of course, if you have more than £35k in there, it would be prudent to move the excess elsewhere, but I've NEVER had that problem....

have you started the course yet? I've done a bit, but really didn't like the first story. Felt like a bad start! I have been blessed with a GREAT tutor group though - we're already meeting for coffee on Saturday!

Cathy said...

SS...yes falling over is one of my party tricks, lol

b...I've read a couple of chapters but my brain is still mush from E301, so I don't think I'll even try to write anything for a few days! Glad you've got a good tutor group too, only about half of mine have turned up in the forum yet.

JJ said...

Cathy, I do hope you're not hurt? Well, other than your pride; we can cope with a bruise there...