Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For those who have Virgin media TV...

...put it on to channel 109 and tell me how many hours you could watch/listen to that without going completely mad.

(Son 2 seems to think it is the only channel worth watching. He is very controlling. I am trying really, really, hard to ignore it, but I fear my mental health is suffering...)

Three notable things:

1. After a flash of inspiration on a bus last Saturday, I have written half a story for the first assignment of my new writing course.

2. I am getting excited that the course will also help me to pick up the novel writing again.

3. Over the space of three days I lost a tutor and gained a new one.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I think I'm glad I don't have Virgin media TV!

Glad you're getting going. I've been finding it harder than A215, but still enjoying it.

Tutor change must have been stressful! How's the new one?

Cathy said...

Too early to say, b, but CV looks good. It was a shame that the first tutor had to drop out as it was looking like we had quite a lively group going, which has now been split up between all the other London tutors.

I'm feeling better about the course this week having got past 'that' story for now :-)

HelenMWalters said...

Ooh, do you know what that is on Sky? I feel the need to watch it and see.

Cathy said...

Sorry helen, you won't find it on Sky. It's the Virgin Media TV on demand preview channel which runs the same few trailers on a loop, 24/7.

I'm word perfect now and believe me you really don't want to see it!

Jenny Beattie said...

Ooh I'm intrigued, but I have an addiction problem and I'm still singing Abba songs from last week, like some kind of narcotic I need in my blood stream.

Unknown said...

Don't have Virgin tv here but sounds ghastly!

Well done on the half story - excellant news. The novel will follow:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh there are plenty of Sky channels that will suck out your mind as well. Last night we flicked through all of them for a laugh and it was a real eye opener.