Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm back

Oh. My. God.

I've just realised that it has been over a week since I wrote anything here. Sorry. No real excuse, I was just taking a short breather from blogging, and all is well here.

My novel is also still on the backburner due to having to spend all my time on paid work and studying at the moment. I wish I was the sort of writer who could stay up burning the midnight oil, but I'm not. I get too tired, especially when son 2 is deciding to get up ridiculously early...5.30 am on Saturday!

Half term has also just begun. It only seems a minute since he was last on holiday but here we are again, another two week half term, a house full of noise and chaos and me trying to read my study books. The paid work will have to wait until he goes back to school, I'm afraid, though I did do a little yesterday. It is fortunate that my boss is also my husband...

Three notable things...

1. Son 1 had a great weekend at home, doing normal teenage things...

2. It has stopped raining at last.

3. Son 2 will have two days of playscheme this week. Hooray!

4 comments:

Casdok said...

The holidays soon come round dont they!
Good to hear Son 1 had a lovely weekend home.

Anonymous said...

Stopped raining?! It's been drizzling here all day - the sort that really soaks you through!

CJ xx

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

And there goes another week. My life is very different from yours, but equally over-committed I think.

Jan said...

I wish I could be better focused re my writing...I love it on those rare occassions when nothing can matter/matters more!
I hope you do get time and energy.