So, I have been tagged by lovely Crystal Jigsaw for a meme about household tips. If only she knew, I am the worst person to ask...
1. Don't have an child whose favourite hobby is tearing up Argos catalogues. You would be amazed how much dust that causes.
2. Keep a good supply of wet wipes in the house. They serve a multitude of purposes. As does antibacterial spray, especially when you have a child with autism.
3. Try to train the male members of the household to share the chores. If you succeed, please tell me how.
4. Always keep several get well cards on the mantle... so if unexpected guests arrive, they will think you've been sick and unable to clean. (Thanks to Lynne D from the Open University for passing on that one...)
5. If all else fails hire a cleaner. Wish I could afford to...
I'm not going to tag anyone else for this one, but if you have the urge to do it, feel free!
Three notable things:
1. I'm gradually equipping my new desk with pin board, post-it notes, pens and pencils etc. My Virginia Woolf mug has pride of place, of course, used as a penpot so it doesn't get damaged in the washing up. I'll try to take a picture when I am all organised.
2. Yesterday I bought a new top which I intend to wear to the launch party for Your Messages on Thursday. But, knowing me, I will probably have a crisis of indecision at the last minute and go in something old...
3. Today is Holocaust Memorial Day. You can read the story of an elderly concentration camp survivor here. What an amazing woman. It is so important that we are never allowed to forget.