Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Control freakery

When you live in the same house as someone who is on the autistic spectrum, you get used to living with a control freak. Everything has to be just so. Things must always be put away in the same place. Routines have to be followed for even the most basic tasks. Deviations can cause severe anxiety.

Son 2 is actually becoming more flexible as he gets older, but we are careful always to warn him in advance of changes. We have become so used to living in this way that it has become the norm.

So I was interested to do this little quiz...and relieved by the result! Why don't you have a go ?

You Are 24% Control Freak

You have achieved the perfect balance of control and letting go.
You tend to roll with whatever life brings, but you never get complacent.


Three notable things:

1. The bit about not getting complacent in life is so true. I've found in the past that if I do, everything rapidly goes pear-shaped!

2. It has not been raining quite so much today, but I'm not going to get complacent...

3. I've managed to get quite a lot of voluntary work done today, which is a weight off my mind.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the test! I'm a 60% control freak, at least I'm a "control" freak and not just a "freak".

It said I am in control and usually organised but that's debatable.

Thanks for the link.
Crystal xx

Anne Brooke said...

I'm 40% so somewhere between you & Crystal J!

:))

A
xxx

Anonymous said...

Award over at my place, Crystal xx

Helen said...

ooh dear. I'm 80%. Mind you, I kind of knew that already!

Casdok said...

Wow i only got 20%, says im very laid back!!
My son is definetly in control!!

Cathy said...

Well that was fun!

Cx

Lane Mathias said...

I'm 44%. which is a bit on the fence really. I think I'd like to be one end of the scale or the other! Far more interesting:-)
x

merry weather said...

28% here, past caring or laidback? Not bothered...!

Jackie Luben said...

I think it said 12% and laid back. I probably answered some of the questions incorreclty.
Anyway the implication was I let people walk all over me.
Jackie

Angie said...

Hmm, I scored 32%, which surprised me because I am a control freak. Apparently I'm more balanced than I realized? ;)

Marla said...

Through caring for my daughter who is very much a control freak I have become less and less of a control freak. It is weird.

Marla said...

I did mine and came out at 24 percent! I think I am worse than that.

Cathy said...

Yes I was surprised how low my score was too, Marla. I don't think my husband would agree!!