Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day tripping

Yesterday I travelled into central London to have lunch with the lovely Helen, who is my hard-working co-editor at bookersatz. We had only met in person once before, very briefly, so it was great to have a long leisurely meal on a sunny terrace in Islington, chatting about lots of writerly things and life in general. Sadly I had to leave all too soon in order to get home for the school bus, but I hope we'll be able to do it again in the not too distant future.

Today I spent much nearer to home, catching up on the phone and then over coffee with local friends I hadn't seen during the school holidays.

So tomorrow, in order not to have a guilt trip, I will have to get on with my writing. My novel and final OU assignment ( a 4000 word story plus commentary) await me...

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Ive also had the pleasure of meeting Helen. Shes lovely isnt she.
Hope the writing goes well :)

Jen said...

A day out with Helen, having also met her, must have been fab... good luck with the ECA. We're supposed to write it over two nights in a blind panic, right?

(Ha! The word verification is 'fried' which is our brains'll be come 23rd May!)

HelenMWalters said...

Ah, I'm blushing now. You are all most lovely too x